Leave a gift to OPC in your will
By making a bequest, or donation, to OPC in your will, you leave a lasting legacy by ensuring the human right to sight for generations to come.
Including OPC as a beneficiary in your will, retirement account, life insurance plan or in a trust helps us to continue our work fighting avoidable blindness and providing inclusive, comprehensive eye health care services for millions of people in Francophone Africa.
What is the benefit of making a bequest?
Bequests and planned gifts offer you multiple benefits, including:
- Your gift costs you nothing now, and you retain control of your assets during your lifetime.
- You can change your mind or modify your gift if circumstances change.
- Your gift may provide tax savings or help reduce the tax burden for your heirs.
- Your gift can remain anonymous if you choose.
- You can leave a gift in honor or memory of someone who inspired your dedication to fighting avoidable blindness.
Is my planned gift tax-deductible?
Yes, through American Friends of OPC, your distribution is fully deductible for federal estate tax purposes, and there is no limit on the deduction your estate can claim. Additionally, the gift is usually exempt from state inheritance taxes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.